The course will cover basic ideas and techniques underlying the design of intelligent computer systems. Topics include:
- Introduction to AI and intelligent agents.
- Problem Solving: Solving Problems by Searching, heuristic search techniques, constraint satisfaction problems, stochastic search methods.
- Game Playing: minimax, alpha-beta pruning.
- Knowledge and Reasoning: Building a Knowledge Base: Propositional logic, first order logic, situation calculus. Theorem Proving in First Order Logic.
- Planning, partial order planning.
- Uncertain Knowledge and Reasoning, Probabilities, Bayesian Networks.
- Learning: Overview of different forms of learning, Learning Decision Trees, Neural Networks.
- Introduction to Natural Language Processing.