Sound : Biology of Speech Processing; Place and Manner of Articulation; Word Boundary Detection; Argmax based computations; HMM and Speech Recognition.
Words and Word Forms : Morphology fundamentals; Morphological Diversity of Indian Languages; Morphology Paradigms; Finite State Machine Based Morphology; Automatic Morphology Learning; Shallow Parsing; Named Entities; Maximum Entropy Models; Random Fields.
Structures : Theories of Parsing, Parsing Algorithms; Robust and Scalable Parsing on Noisy Text as in Web documents; Hybrid of Rule Based and Probabilistic Parsing; Scope Ambiguity and Attachment Ambiguity resolution.
Meaning : Lexical Knowledge Networks, Wordnet Theory; Indian Language Wordnets and Multilingual Dictionaries; Semantic Roles; Word Sense Disambiguation; WSD and Multilinguality; Metaphors; Coreferences.
Web 2.0 Applications : Sentiment Analysis; Text Entailment; Robust and Scalable Machine Translation; Question Answering in Multilingual Setting; Cross Lingual Information Retrieval (CLIR).
- Machine Learning and NLP
- ArgMax Computation
- WSD : WordNet
- Wordnet; Application in Query Expansion
- Wiktionary; semantic relatedness
- Measures of WordNet Similarity
- Resnick's work on WordNet Similarity
- Parsing Algorithms
- Evidence for Deeper Structure; Top Down Parsing Algorithms
- Noun Structure; Top Down Parsing Algorithms
- Non-noun Structure and Parsing Algorithms
- Probabilistic parsing; sequence labeling, PCFG
- Probabilistic parsing: Training issues
- Arguments and Adjuncts
- Probabilistic parsing; inside-outside probabilities
- Speech : Phonetics
- Graphical Models for Sequence Labelling in NLP
- Consonants (place and manner of articulation) and Vowels
- Forward Backward probability; Viterbi Algorithm
- Sentiment Analysis and Opinions on the Web
- Machine Translation and MT Tools - GIZA++ and Moses.
- Text Entailment
- POS Tagging.
- Phonology; ASR, Speech Synthesis
- HMM and Viterbi
- Precision, Recall, F-score, Map
- Semantic Relations; UNL; Towards Dependency Parsing.
- Universal Networking Language
- Semantic Role Extraction
- Baum Welch Algorithm; HMM training