The objective of this course is to enable the student to learn the different aspects of the Strategic Management which has become indispensable in the present day corporate world. It will expose him to the different stages involved in the Strategic Management Process and also to several case studies.
- Introduction: Introduction to Strategic Management, Concept of Corporate Strategy, Strategic Management Process, The 7-S Framework, Corporate Policy and Planning in India.
- BoDs and Top Management: Board of Directors - Role and Functions, Top Management - Role and Skills, Board Functioning - Indian Context.
- Environmental Analysis: Environmental Scanning, Industry Analysis, The synthesis of External Factors, External Factors Analysis Summary (EFAS), Internal Scanning, Value Chain Analysis, Synthesis of Internal Factors, Internal Factors Analysis Summary (IFAS). CASE STUDY I.
- Strategy Formulation and Analysis: Strategy Formulation, Strategic Factors Analysis Summary (SFAS) Matrix, Business Strategy, Corporate Strategy, Functional Strategy, Strategic Choice. CASE STUDY II.
- Strategy Implementation: Strategy Implementation, Organization Structure, Corporate Culture, Diversification, Mergers and Acquisitions. CASE STUDY III.
- Evaluation and SIS: Evaluation and Control, Strategic Information Systems.
- Other Strategic Issues SMEs and NPOs: Other Strategic Issues, Small and Medium Enterprises, Non- Profit Organizations.
- Summary: Summary.